Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Harvestfest

Hello there readers of Andurula's blog, Ruset here filling in for the Most Absent Champ.

Andu feigns distaste for 'silly' festivals and has asked me to fill in this week for him since he doesn't want to be anywhere near the festivities which he deems beneath his standards.  Personally, I wonder since every time a festival opens up Andu is no where to be seen.  He might be off fighting orcs or he just might be shopping for a new dress. Who knows, but I know what I prefer to believe.

Anyway, here I am filling in for Andu.



Oops, sorry, let me step out of the shadow here.


Burglaring comes naturally to me and I sometimes forget I don't always need to stay in the shadows.  Hold on a sec, let me put on something more comfortable.



That's better.

Anyway, let me introduce myself properly.  My name is Ruset.  Just Ruset to you since I have professional burgular standards to keep up with.  I have been friends with Andurula for years now.  He and I were in the same kin way back on Gladden server, named Something, Something, Taters.  In fact my name comes from that group. I was one of six young hobbits that all got their start around the same time.  We had some fun, let me tell you, six young low level hobbits tearing up the Shire.  Nothing could stand in our way. Fun times.  Anyway, that's how I know Andu. Andu likes to think of himself as Awesome but he wasn't half so awesome before I taught him how to think like a burg.  Back in the old days he would just go in crashing and bashing until either the orcs or he dropped.  He dropped more often than he will admit, even to me.  I taught him a few tricks and showed him that not every fight needs to be won directly.  Sometimes a little sneak and riddle will get you what you want without all of that messy stuff.

With Andurula gone maybe I can let you in on a little secret.  Andu has hopes of being a movie star!  He was all agog and giggling like a little champ girl the other day when he got a call back for an acting role.  Turns out this 'role' is a silent part named 'Gondor lord'.  Apparently he will be asked to stand around for a few hours and try not to do something stupid.  I give him a 50/50 chance of being successful.  He was all a-twitter; giggling and crying and trying on a thousand outfits in an effort to find  something suitable for 'Gondor Lord'.  Good heavens you would have thought he was playing the lead role or something.  Small beginnings but the crew putting on the production are top notch so I am sure they will take good care of Andu and not make him look too silly.  A little silly might be alright.  He could use a little more humility.  Or maybe a lot. 

So other than the brief trip home to storm through his wardrobe, Andu has been gone this week, to the Brownlands, so he says.  I have noticed a few more maps hanging on the walls and a few new dresses in the wardrobes.  I can't tell you why for certain...  I AM quite certain that there is a well drawn map on Andu's desk, courtesy of  'A casual stroll to Mordor' detailing the mysterious burrow under Bag End.  No new horses in the stables that I know of but I am not too surprised.  Andurula loves collecting good horses but I don't think horses with pretzels on them qualifies as 'good' to Andu.  He is a bit too snobby, errr... particular for that sort of thing.  Actually, there are a lot of pretzel themed items to be found at the festival this year but none of that stuff is making it back to the house storage areas.  Makes me wonder if someone is stockpiling those pretty silk gloves... 

Watch your back !

No comments:

Post a Comment