Sunday, September 16, 2012

Scrapbooking

Still waiting for the Rohan campaign.

My friends, well my kin now, Theodred's Riders thanked me profusely for my help and extended their gift of kinship.  I had done so much for them and could do little more so at their suggestion I moved to the region of Parth Celebrant  after a brief stopover visiting my favorite spots in Lothlorien.

I spent some time here a half a year or so ago but at the time I was on a serious mission and didn't stop to take in the sights.  With my current downtime I thought it a good time to revisit the area.  The riders of Stangard already consider me an ally of theirs but there are a few things I could do to help their cause so I thought I would do it.

Besides making myself everyone's favorite and Most Awesome Champion I have been doing a bit of scrap booking; going through old photos and organizing them into something meaningful.

With nothing much of note in this blog I guess I could share a few of them here:


This formerly top secret photo was taken during a large scale cavalry event in the Rohan region in preparation for our upcoming assault.  It is not often I get to ride with over a 100 mounted horsemen and it was a really fun time.  Technically it was a stress test of the server and we broke the server in about 10 seconds after we started running.  This is over two months ago and resources have been diverted and the situation is much better now.  Note, these are basic Rohan warsteads that are being made available to a few by the generosity of the Rohirrim peoples.  Great horses but a bit trickier to ride that what most of us are used to.  Speed and inertia management takes some time getting used to but these horses have some great skills.  Riding down warg packs is a whole new game now.  Just don't think you will be ready after five minues of training. Prepare for some frustration and a day or two to get the feel of them. The skill just sort of 'clicks' all of a sudden and then you have it mastered.  Be patient and you might be almost as good as I am someday.  My family name 'Rohir', meaning horse lord in Sindarin, was not given without some thought after all.


The titles says 'Horse' but this isn't any horse but the mighty king of horses Shadowfax.  On another trip into the Rohan region skirting the fringes of Fangorn forest and climbing up some hills, I ran into none other than Gandalf the White.  It was nice to catch up and trade some stories but what I really enjoyed was seeing Shadowfax up close and in person for the first time.  He is a magnificent animal.

 
Before I left the Isengard area I took this photo.  Nothing too special but I liked the image.  I came, I saw, I kicked some butt.

 
 
 
 
And then there was Weatherstock IV.  This and other examples are why I chose to move to Landroval.  There are orc butts that need kicking on every server but true kick butt party animals seem to congregate around Landroval.
 
Speaking of Landroval, a friend of mine, Stiehle, took some moving pictures of the event.  There were some serious technical difficulties that hampered the effort but the end result does bring back some good memories.
 
 
 
 
 

And that's about it.  Still banging orc heads and making myself more famous by the day.  My next stop will probably be the Brown Lands. 

I really need to have a friend or two do a guest blog here to jazz it up a bit.  I will see what I can do.

Laters, Taters, :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment